brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog

Monday, August 16, 2010

Pre-Op



Pre-Op, originally uploaded by dumbeast.
Right before I got the titanium screw in my upper jaw. I've got photos of the impressions that they made of my mouth the day before, but I found myself reluctant to put them up on the web for strange, paranoid, identity-theft reasons. Like they're always identifying the body through dental records?

The procedure involved general anesthesia (hence the surgical wardrobe). I don't remember a thing. Mary's concerned that this was excessive -- she had a similar operation a few years ago, and was just fine with a local. She's got a point -- general anesthesia has added risks and expense associated with it. On the other hand, it's done, I'm fine, it's healing well, and I don't remember a thing.

Asian Jello Dessert
I'm on a soft-food diet for the next few days. I got this Asian Jello Dessert from
Delicieuse Princesse Bakery. Very pretty. I've been seeing these things in their cooler for years now. The flavors are Leaf, Coconut and Purple. I thought if I was ever going to try this, it should be this week. I found it texturally unsettling. Yuk.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What does leaf taste like? I don't want to hear about the textures.

Cathy

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive