brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog

Saturday, October 01, 2011

True Story

Banana Garbage Daquiri colored 2
Walking back to HAP from the BAART Clinic the other day, I stopped in a liquor store, got a banana.  I’d finished it by the time I’d walked down 9th Street to Mission.  There’s a trash can on that corner, so that’s where I went with the peel.
Parked at that same corner, lights flashing, was a cop car.  As I approached the trash can, I saw that I wasn’t alone there.  Two cops, who had obviously just intercepted some open containers on the street, were there, emptying a half-pint each of vodka and rum into the trash can, just as I tossed in my banana peel.
”Looks like we’re making a banana-trash daiquiri,” I quipped. “Cocktail time!” 
They didn’t respond.

Update 10/7/11: The large turgid cocktail shaker has been removed by the city.  There goes my plan to make garbage-tinis for the neighborhood.

Where the trash can used to be

Where the trash can used to be.

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive