brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Jit-Jit-Jit Jijit-Jit-Jitter


Watch the video

My camera started freaking out during yesterday's shoot. It was (as Jim pointed out) losing synch, so there was this lovely turquoise and orange jitter that occurred intermittently. I blame tape transport, a hopelessly 20th-century mechanism.

I mean, have you ever looked in there? It's full of levers and pulleys and slidey things and pressure fittings for chrisssake. Compare that to the elegant functioning of the ccd, the beauty of the video signal, the crystalline simplicity of the lens. No wonder the tape is always fucking up. I'll be so glad when everything's hard disk or memory-card, I swear to god. Hmmpf.

This piece is a bouquet of out-takes, everything that I would have had to discard if I had wanted to make a straight piece of journalism out of the footage that I got. Hah. When all you have is lemons....

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive