brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Dead Chair


Dead Chair, originally uploaded by dumbeast.

This was my desk chair for as long as I can remember. It was salvaged from the told THC office when it broke up. Nothing fancy, but it worked for me. I loved this chair.

The cats have been having their way with the upholstry for years, and now the seat is sprung, which plays merry havoc with my clavicles or scapulae or something. Crippling back pain is what I'm talking about here, folks. This could not stand.

I had to fix this. I took this photo to have something to show to people in furniture shops. A post-literate communication aid.

Anybody remember post-literacy? Everybody was talking about it, all exercised and vehement ten years ago. I guess whatever issues there were got resolved. I've been so busy doing this photo/video/textblog, I must have missed the memo. *sigh*

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive