brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Trying to Buy Braided Nylon Cord in Manteca

"Hi, I'm wondering if you have any cord heavier than this."  I showed the salesman at the tackleshop some 250lb-test braided nylon fishing line.

"...So, what're'ya gonna make with this?"

"Well, I crochet, so..."

"Oh, so you're gonna knit a skirt!"

"Yeah, sure.  So do you have anything heavier?"

"Well, in bulk, I've got this stuff. It's 300lb test."

"Yeah, what's it made of?  Is that a polymer of some kind?"

"It's not a polymer, it's whaddya, that bulletproof, Kelvar."

"Great.  So I could knit a bulletproof vest. Right.  So what's the price on that?"

"This here?  It's twenty cents a yard.  That'd be three feet."

"Yeah, okay, thanks a lot.  That's a little too high for the amount I'd need.  Thanks though....I think I need to tinkle.  Do you have a ladies room?"

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive