brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Forest Grove at Burbank, Dayton Ohio


I think the house on the southwest corner is where my mom grew up. her brother, Uncle herb confirms this:

Yes, I do remember the house although my memory of it is fading.
What doesn't show up in the photo is that the street, Forest Grove, slanted down
from Burbank to Philadelphia Drive. So, our yard had some interesting slopes
which were shallow on the Burbank end and got steeper towards Philadelphia.
So, that added to the fun(?) of mowing the yard. And being on the corner
meant that much more snow to shovel. But it was a big, comfortable home
which served us well for many years. It is interesting that you are wading through
dad's autobiography. I did years ago and should do so again.

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive