brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Training with Remote Feed


On Wednesday, I experienced my first formal telepresence situation, at a hearing at SF MORDOR. A silver domed triangular plastic speakerphone apparatus sat on a table with a black microphone bent over it . At the other end of this connection was a vocational expert who contributed nothing to the hearing beyond her identity, followed by her mute spectral presence.

Later that afternoon, I attended a training at a high powered law firm with a full-on two-way video link to a branch office somewhere in the Southbay.

I don't believe that the mediated, telecomm aspect of either event was the major factor making it so excruciatingly soul-quenching.

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive