brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog

Sunday, November 22, 2009

H1N1 sticker


H1N1 sticker, originally uploaded by dumbeast.

I fought for a solid week to convince the hospital where I do SSI outreach in the methadone clinic to vaccinate me against H1N1. I had to become a very squeaky wheel.

This is the sticker that they gave me to put on my employee badge, to show that I've been vaccinated. Lacking a badge, I stuck it on my watch.

Until I got my shot, I was not myself. Some people get a reaction to the vaccination. I had a reaction to being denied vaccination. I'm glad that I stood up for my and Meghan's rights. And I, along with everybody else, am glad that that's over. Thanks to Katie for taking my purse to Mary when I left it at the office. Thanks to Marga for referring to the hosebag as a purse.

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive