brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog

Tuesday, October 18, 2005


A guy on BART was doing this trancy dance movement thing,
looked a little bit like tai chi. I videoed him doing it. Another guy
sitting behind me wanted to know if I thought it was right to do that
without my subject's permission.
I assured him that I'd talk to the guy.
We both got off at Berkeley, and I handed him my card.
  Business Card
On the escalator, I tapped him on the shoulder and asked him
what that movement thing he was doing was. He told me that it
was an invasion to touch another person in public. I apologized,
asked him if he had been doing tai chi.
He told me that he practiced the art of silence..  
So no video today...
 ...or that's what I was thinking yesterday when I wrote the above,
right after the incident. I mean, hell, the guy should be able to
silently practice his movement without some fool showing up with
an inquisitive nature and a camera, shouldn't he?
 
Yeah.  Maybe.  On the other hand, maybe going into your act on
public transport isn't the best way to practice silence. Maybe having
a stranger initiate a conversation with you doesn't have to be taken
as an invasion.
 
So, fuck that shit.  Somebody does dance.  Great.

I do video.
Here's a video of a guy doing a movement thing that I found interesting on BART. Enjoy!

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive