brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog

Friday, October 21, 2005

Sutures Out


Sutures Out, originally uploaded by dumbeast.

I saw Dr Williams yesterday to get my stitches removed. I've got to say, I really like him. Really decent fellow, good touch with the knife & needle, comforting manner, very dry sense of humor. And my massive head wound is healing nicely.

I wonder what life without my hideous deformity is going to be like. I think that, in general, I'll be glad not to have the wierd protruberance. Always made me self-conscious, especially after haircuts. I have a hard enough time getting people to take me seriously in the first place. I don't think that their having to stare at a big cranial anomaly while in conversation with me was helping matters any.

It'll be interesting to see how my young nieces & nephew react. They were always fascinated by uncle Bruce's head lump.

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive