brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog

Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Day at the Museums

IMG_7128  IMG_7132
I love the Exploratorium.  I went there with Andrea to help out with her graphic transplant booth at the Swap-o-rama-rama. I mostly just did a science-buddy nostalgia walkabout--
Hi, Jim
Hi, Jim!
IMG_7143
Hi, Bruce!
Text and audio from www.ybca.org/nathalie-talec, video is Exploratorium's cloud chamber. I love that cloud chamber.  I could spend all day watching that stuff. 



I sat in on as much of Nathalie-Talec’s conversation as I could.  For the life of me, I couldn’t tell whether she was addressing male exploration of the poles a hundred years ago, or contemporary feminist art practice. Whatever it was, it seemed like the bunkus to me.  I kept on looking around the room trying to catch the eye of anybody else at the talk to signal a WTF? with my eyebrows, but they were all entirely engrossed.

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive