brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday Afternoon Expense Account

  1. Eat half a slice of cheese.
  2. Ride to Piedmont.
  3. Buy sandwich at grocery store $5.99, 2 skeins of wool @$6.99, ticket to movie $8
  4. Eat half of sandwich on park bench. That cheese was pungent.
  5. Devise design of new woolen oven mitt.

  6. "Crochet shark oven mitt, batik-bleach belly"
  7. Buy an espresso $2.
  8. Go to theater way early.
  9. Text Mary.
  10. Talk to Mary in lobby, losing bike rearview. Was that limburger?
  11. Usher comes into theater: "Anybody ride a bike here?" My heart skipped a beat. "Missing a little mirror?"
  12. "Yeah! That's me. Thank you so much!"
  13. Watch a bunch of much too loud ads, then Cyrus, which if it was a book, I would have stopped reading at page 100. About a dysfunctional mother/son & John C Riley triangle situation.
  14. After movie, thank wrong usher.
  15. Go outside, aak! sunglasses
  16. Being from Wisconsin makes me a much less macho bicyclist. Ride most of the way home on sidewalk. Ugh. Like squaw.
  17. Buy quarters at BART $1
  18. Buy more quarters store $3
  19. Come home, switch the glasses that I repaired with their nearly identical mates, in attempted gaslighting of the Missus.
  20. [snickers]

3 comments:

Bruce Bortin said...

The glasses switcheroo didn't fool her for an instant. DRAT.

Bruce Bortin said...

I'm not saying that Cyrus was a bad movie. Roger Ebert's review (linked in text of post) seems right to me. It just wasn't the movie for me at that time, if you see what I mean. And I thought the make-up on the actors made them all look waxy. Especially Marisa Tormei.

Unknown said...

mmm cheese

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive