brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

For the Win


For the Win, originally uploaded by dumbeast.

Dear Cory

I ordered a hold on For the Win from the Oakland Public Library, where I had donated a copy via Amazon. I just got notice that it's waiting for me there. I'm not going to keep it for long, as I just finished reading it on my phone, and I got it for the library so that it can circulate. Loved it! I thought it was a great socioeconomic manifesto and a rollickin' good yarn, too. I can almost understand derivatives now. I'm afraid I'll never understand games.

Now. I have a request. I was wondering if I could get you to sign this copy. Not physically. If you send me a jpeg of your book-sig, I'll print it and paste it into the book, wherever you'd like. I've got a small history of defacing library books, and if you'd like to participate, I'd be happy to co-conspire with you. If you'd prefer not to, that's cool as well. Just thought it might be fun.

Your fan,
Bruce Bortin
___________

Hey, Bruce! Sure!

Cory Doctorow
___________

Awesomeness squared! Thanks. You're a sport!

xxBB

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are a nut bar. I may now have to read that book.

Cathy

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive