brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

this is probably not good


this is probably not good, originally uploaded by dumbeast.

Feb 17
Letter to Dvvid
I done a b-a-a-a-ad thing to my 'puter at home. The other night, Mary was reminiscing about seeing Aerosmith open for Mott the Hoople at the Orpheum in Boston in 1973. Wellsir, I donned my hip-boots and camo-gear and went out a-huntin' in the wilds of the internet to see if I could scare up a video or even an MP3 of the gig. Somewhere along the line, I musta stepped in some bear sign, because now my screen always looks like-a this. I did a full McAfee scan after the event, (2 files quarantined & 4 removed) but it's still showing that warning & nothing I do seems to make it go away. So I'm thinking that maybe I should bring it to my guy in Chinatown this weekend and have him re-install my OS (Windows XP). That should take care of it, right? RIGHT?
____________________
Dave did what he could for me, but I had really augered in by the time he got my email. Alex Yu of ATY Computer did a great job putting me back on mhy feet. Thanks, Dave! Thanks, Alex!

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive