brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog

Saturday, August 27, 2005


Waiting for the Electrician



Watch the video

My video camera has been having tape-transport problems, and as I can't seem to get a straight answer out of Canon about how to go about returning it to them for repairs, I've had to resort to finding somebody local to tackle the job. I spent all day yesterday in Berkeley, trying to attain access to the repair guy at a small electronics shop so that I could sort out the problem with him.

This never happened, so I've got to go back to Berkeley today. To bring them the tape that they made me take away from the shop on Thursday, when I first brought the camera in. Feh.

While I was hanging out yesterday, I met Peter for lunch, I went to the museum for a while, I hung out on campus, and sat in a cafe, reading THE Philosophy of Andy Warhol (From A to B and Back Again). Great book. It was out of print for a long time, but Harcourt just republished it.

In it, Andy talks about his tape recorder. "Nothing was ever a problem again, because a problem just meant a good tape, and when a problem transforms itself into a good tape it's not a problem any more."

Well, I'm no Andy Warhol, so today's tape isn't all that great. Also, Andy never talked about what happens when the problem is a problem with the tape recorder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's rude to link directly to pictures on other people's websites. You eat up their bandwidth. Much nicer to save the pic and upload it to your own site. :)

Discoshaman, Postmodernclog.com

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive