brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog

Friday, March 25, 2005

R.I.P. Bortino


R.I.P. Bortino, originally uploaded by dumbeast.

I pulled the plug on http://www.concentric.net/~bbortin yesterday. I've changed to Earthlink for my ISP, and maintaining the Concentric account for a website that I hardly ever use just didn't make sense.

I'll put something like bortino up somewhere else eventually. When I built the old site, I didn't heve a clue as to what I was doing, so it was held together with baling wire and chewing gum, and just porting it over to a new address is out of the question. It was time for a rebuild anyway.

This is the first time in five and a half years that I haven't had a website, and it feels kind of strange, like I'm walking around with my fly open or wearing a cloisonne G.O.P. lapel pin or something. And a little bit blue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bruce, your fly is open.

xoxo
jim

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive