brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog

Saturday, April 02, 2011

what r4th5e sa5d [What Ruthie Said]

Ruthie was working out on my keyboard again last night.  Here's what she typed:
B KNXJHU98UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU//06191N
But that's not all. This morning, I tried to type "what ruthie said". But what appeared onscreen was "what r4th5e sa5d".  I figured my keyboard had somehow gotten cat-butt knackered.  I wanted to look up my warranty and see about getting it fixed, but as some important keys seemed to be out of commission (u=4, i=5) it was going to be hard to search & navigate. An online chat with the Geek Squad seemed to be out of the question. I decided to see what other keys were compromised.  Typed out a keymap:
`123456789/-=
qwerty456*[]\
asdfgh123-'
zxcvbn0,.+
A metaphorical lightbulb flickered on.  Those numbers looked like a familiar pattern.  I eventually discovered the numlock configuration (she must have simultaneously hit Fn and F11), and toggled it off.

I'm thinking that maybe Ruthie shouldn't be allowed on the keyboard any more. That'll be an interesting project.  Cat doesn't really understand the concept of "no."

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive