brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Meter


Meter, originally uploaded by dumbeast.

1/26/2011 - Staff #72 - I wasn't sure how to mail such a huge envelope. When I told Margaret that I thought I'd just walk it down to the PO, she said not to, as my reimbursement would come out of HAP's Petty Cash acct, while the postage meter is billed directly to downtown. She said that Tuan would help me with the mailing.

I got Tuan at his desk. While I walked the western route to the meter, past Ramona's office, he headed east, then south past the JV's desks. Odd, I thought--a little bit longer route, I wonder why Tuan is--…and he stopped in the supply closet, came out with a roll of scotch tape.

He helped me with the mailing. I guess it IS alright to run a regular envelope thru the meter and scotch tape that to the larger envelope, which was what was hanging me up in the first place.

Tuan handed me the scotch tape dispenser, and the new roll of tape that he'd gotten out of the supply closet. "In case it run out," he told me. I taped the regular envelope to the big envelope.

It ran out. I don't know how he knew that it was about to run out, or what gave him the foresight to stop in the supply closet. I just know I'm a little freaked out.

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive