brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Schematic


Schematic, originally uploaded by dumbeast.

For a proposed piece for the corner of 15th and Jackson in Oakland. I was trying to get this together, first as a project for Oakland Public Art Program's Open Proposals 2009-2010, and then, when that became too discouraging and bureaucratic, as a piece of guerrilla drop-art. But, if I was going to do that, I'd want to have it together for Pride Week, and time's too tight.

I've never clandestinely affixed colored felt to pavement before, and there are too many bugs to iron out. Additionally, speaking to my attorney yesterday, he pointed out that if I got caught, and if the city decided that it cost more than $400 to clean up, and the if the DA and the judge wanted to be dicks about it, I'd be looking at the f-word ("felony") and never be able to vote again.

I hate having to rationalize myself out of what, on the surface of it, ought to be a fun and decent lark. It's a pretty idea. It would make people happy.

Stupid real world.

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive