brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog

Thursday, January 29, 2009

I Don't Like the Looks of This


I Don't Like the Looks of This, originally uploaded by dumbeast.

These just showed up at Oakland City Center 12th St BART. I don't think they're cameras. First, the aperture isn't transparent (to visible light, anyway), unless that white film is a protective cover that they just haven't removed yet. And I find the huge cable with the High Voltage warning to be overkill for something with a passive recording function. They're aimed at entrances to the station. I think that this thing is there to emit rather than absorb radiation.

What's the frequency, Kenneth? (where Kenneth=SONY)

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive