brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Legal Advice Line


Legal Advice Line, originally uploaded by dumbeast.

Inspire me with confidence.


I attended wclp.org/taskforce/BayLegal.pdf last Friday and boy, are my arms ever tired.

In brief:

1. Increased Cost of Living Allowance is threatened
2. $1.5 Billion in reduced benefits in next year’s SSA budget
3. ALJ backlog has been increasing for the past 6 or 7 years. They plan to remedy this by making applying for an ALJ hearing nearly impossible. And by training an army of stainless steel robot rats with glowing red eyes to adjudicate disability. And by switching over to video-conferenced ALJ hearings based in Falls Church, VA. This will increase efficiency!
There’s more stuff in the handouts that I brought back—most of it relates to ALJ level and beyond. I’m leaving the handouts on the table, I guess. Approach cautiously.

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive