brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Shoe Tree


Shoe Tree, originally uploaded by dumbeast.

This is what I saw once I turned over on my back. Catching my breath for a while, you understand. Eventually, I got up, assessed the damage. The bike's front wheel had a ding, the rear derailleur was a little screwed up (2nd gear was 1st, 1st was between the big cog and the spokes) and the handlebars were about 10 degrees out of plumb. The bike had been knocked cockeyed.

Me too! Pretty thoroughly bruised, but still. I was glad to be able to walk, and eventually ride away from there.

I finished my errands, got a haircut, and took my bike to Bay Area Bikes. They'll fix it up nice, $100. Could have been worse all around.

Today, two days out, I'm still looking forward to my next ibuprophen, but I'm able to get around. Capable of pretty much everything, except (as Mary pointed out) housework.

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive