brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog

Sunday, September 17, 2006

crosswalk stunt photo


crosswalk stunt photo, originally uploaded by dumbeast.

I happened upon these people shooting a set of photos on Jackson Street yesterday. They're trying to organize a crosswalk for the intersection where 15th St meets Jackson. The photoshoot was of a faked pedestrian hit, to dramatize the need for a crosswalk.

Totally unbidden, I took some photos as well. Then I took my creepy old self away. Good luck, you guys!

You can find therm here:
East Bay Alliance for a Sustainable Economy
www.groups.yahoo.com/group/downtownlakemerritt

1 comment:

brooke said...

Wow, that looks really unsafe. The city should definitely put in a cross walk at that intersection before someone gets hit.

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive