brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Jitter--shoutout to blip community


Watch the video

My camera just started doing this jittery thing today. Anybody out there experienced anything like this? Anyone know what it means? I sure hope it doesn't mean 'time to buy a new camera'.

It's a Canon ZR70MC MiniDV running Sony DVM60 tape, and I love it. Well, a lot of the time it's kind of a pain in the ass, but I've gotten to know it pretty well, and I'm comfortable with it. And I really can't afford to buy a new one.

If anyone can shed any light on this situation, I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a comment or email me--

bruce.bortin (AT) gmail.com

Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brucie,

Bummer. Looks like it's losing synch. Have you done the obvious like cleaning the heads? Was the jitter in the display while filming, or just when you played it back?

D'OH! I just watched it again with the sound on, and I guess it was also in the display.

I'm guessing the warranty is expired (3 days ago?)

I googled 'Canon ZR70MC MiniDV problems' and got an eyefull. Try it - the one at Amazon is good. This camera has problems with connections to the CCD going bad, and maybe yours is on the way (?) In this case, the screen goes blank though. Canon will fix that for free.

Good luck, bud... I wish I could magically fix it for you.

jim

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive