brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog
When I lived on the houseboats in Sausalito we used to call the big ones (like this one) great egrets. And the little ones, snowy egrets. (I think) Amazing creatures. Up close is so cool. I am awed by nature sometimes. Happy to know you Snowy Egret!
101 projects: Belly of the Beast
-
You cant fight/write your way out of the belly of the beast with sharp
language and strong leadership–it takes a cacophony: different voices
speakin in ton...
Moussaka
-
In the midst of this summer’s Paris heatwaves I decided to go Greek — the
latest iteration of which, now that it’s a bit cooler, is moussaka. With
its rich...
Day 8 - Kendal to Carlisle
-
We started the day standing at a bus stop just north of Kendal and two
slightly older women joined us to catch the 555 to Keswick. Then suddenly,
and in a ...
2 comments:
Wow! How cool is that.
When I lived on the houseboats in Sausalito we used to call the big ones (like this one) great egrets. And the little ones, snowy egrets. (I think) Amazing creatures. Up close is so cool. I am awed by nature sometimes. Happy to know you Snowy Egret!
Post a Comment