brucine (broo'-seen), 1) n. Pharm., Chem. a bitter, poisonous alkaloid, C23H26N2O4, obtained from the nux vomica tree; 2) n. Bruce Bortin's 'low-impact' weblog

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Baleen04


Baleen04, originally uploaded by dumbeast.

I knave in a building which reputedly has the largest elliptical dome West of the Mississippi. On my floor, surrounding the domed well there's a course of more-or-less Corinthian columns, behind which stand the tempered-glass fronts of many offices just like the one which employs me.


Looking across the well, the columns reflect in the glass, none of which is exactly flat, so you get this distortion of the fluted columns. They look like the throat grooves of rorqual whales to me.

Workin' in the Pod. Happy 4/20! I'm so baked.

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive